Cooper Park’s worth as a recreation area was recognised as far back as 1885 when the Government was asked to purchase land from the Cooper Estate for recreational purposes. It was not until 1913 that Sir William Cooper agreed to give the whole of the gully from Victoria Road, Bellevue Hill to Manning Road, Double Bay to the Council as a park. Subsequent additions over the years have brought the Park up to its present area of 38 acres (15 ha.)
Cooper Park is a quiet oasis, a haven of rainforest trees and ferns, it is a great place to go for a little respite from the hustle and bustle that lives outside, inside it is quiet and serene.
Cooper Park is situated in Sydney’s eastern suburb of the Woollahra Council. It is dog friendly and offers picnic spots, walking trails and sports facilities such as tennis.
Cooper Park is the largest area of bushland, a short walk from the bustling Bondi Junction where you can relax in this beauty surrounded by brilliant greens where moss covered stone bridges cross Cooper Creek, the only significant natural creek system in the eastern suburbs with walking tracks such as Rosewood and Cliff Paths.
The sound of the waterfall is both soothing and relaxing, erasing all thoughts of life outside of here.
The Tree Ferns are both lush and luminous.